Helena Vigilante Runners (HVR), a USATF Member Club, is offers Vigilante Cross Country and Vigilante Track and Field programs for Helena-area youth (ages 7-18). Our mission is to provide young athletes with a support system that provides an opportunity to pursue competitive cross country and track and field outside their important school-based seasons for greater Helena area youth. Among the opportunities available for Vigilantes are USATF Junior Olympic state, regional and national championships. We also strive to provide athletes with experienced coaching that will help them develop their skills in a safe and supportive environment. All coaches are volunteer and are SafeSports certified.
Regular events we participate in are the USATF Junior Olympic state, regional and US championships in both cross country and track and field, and additional developmental opportunities.
We are successful if Vigilante athletes:
- Learn skills related to cross country and/or track and field, and improve mental fortitude, physical strength and conditioning.
- Build feelings of self-esteem and confidence by recognizing individual achievements.
- Have fun, form friendships and develop respect for teammates and competitors.
- Learn the rules of cross country and/or track and field, act with integrity and develop a sense of fair play.
VIGILANTE CROSS COUNTRY
VIGILANTE TRACK AND FIELD
2019 Practice Schedule
- Practices usually start the week before Memorial Day weekend. A schedule will be posted mid-spring. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Please email email@example.com for additional information. We keep fees low to encourage participation, rather than hinder it. Our fee structure covers the cost of a USATF membership ($20 per year; required to practice and compete), registration fees for Junior Olympic state competition (varies), and a team jersey ($30; new members).
- Jesse Zentz
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, 406-422-3039
Program Director/Distance/Sprints/Cross Country
Youth Chair, USA Track and Field Montana
USATF Level 1 Certified Coach, SafeSport Certified
- Scott Todorovich
- Andrew Mozer
- Sheila Plant