Helena Vigilante Runners (HVR), a USATF Member Club, is proud to offer programs in cross country and track and field for Helena-area youth (ages 7-18). Our mission is to provide young athletes with a support system that will give them an opportunity to pursue competitive cross country and track and field outside their important school-based seasons. Among those opportunities are USATF Junior Olympic state, regional and national championships. We also strive to provide athletes with experienced coaching that will help them develop their skills in a safe and supportive environment.
Regular events we participate in are the USATF Junior Olympic state, regional and US championships in both cross country and track and field, but there are additional developmental opportunities.
We are successful if athletes:
- Learn skills related to cross country and/or track and field, and improve mental fortitude, physical strength and conditioning.
- Build feelings of self-esteem and confidence by recognizing individual achievements.
- Have fun, form friendships and develop respect for teammates and competitors.
- Learn the rules of cross country and/or track and field, act with integrity and develop a sense of fair play.
REGISTRATION IS OPEN!
Note: XC registration closes October 22 (Practices begin October 15)
Click the button above or use this link to register now. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information. Registration fees cover the cost of team racing singlets (new members), an annual USATF membership (good for 2018-19, required to participate), and meet registration for Junior Olympic state meets in cross country and track and field (depending on which membership you choose; i.e. XC and Track or XC only). Any remaining money will go directly toward supporting the club. NOTE: USATF membership registration and renewals are handled by the club.
- New members XC and Track (includes singlet): $100 first year
- Existing members XC and Track: $75 per year
- New Members XC only (includes singlet): $70 first year
- Existing members XC only: $40 per year
2018 CROSS COUNTRY SCHEDULE
- Monday, Wednesday and Thursday
- October 15-December 8 (tentative, as long as weather permits)
- Practice starts 15 minutes later in Week 1 to accommodate for the final week of high school XC
- 5:30-6:45 p.m. on October 15, 17, 18
- 5:15-6:30 p.m. October 22-December 8
- 10/27: Montana Cup, Great Falls, 12 p.m.
- 11/3: State USATF JOs, Bill Roberts Golf Course, Helena (Meet Host)
- For more information, click here to view the event page.
- 11/10: Nike Cross Regionals, Eagle Island State Park, Boise, ID (MS & HS only)
- 12/1: Footlocker West Regional, Walnut, CA (HS only)
- 12/8: National USATF JOs, Reno, NV
2019 TRACK AND FIELD SCHEDULE
- Jesse Zentz
Contact: email@example.com, 406-422-3039
Program Director/Distance/Sprints/Cross Country
Youth Chair, USA Track and Field Montana
USATF Level 1 Certified Coach, SafeSport Certified
- Scott Todorovich
- Andrew Mozer