The Helena Vigilante Runners (HVR) Youth Cross Country and Track and Field program is a USATF Member Club that provides training and competition for athletes ages 7-18 in Helena and the surrounding area. Regular events we participate in are the USATF Junior Olympic state, regional and US championships, but we also have additional opportunities. Our mission is to provide young athletes with a support system that will give them a better opportunity to pursue competitive cross country and track and field outside their traditional school-based seasons. We also strive to provide athletes with experienced coaching that will help them develop their skills in a safe and supportive environment.
We are successful if athletes:
- Learn skills related to the sports of cross country and track and field, and improve their physical strength and conditioning.
- Build their feelings of self-esteem and confidence by recognizing individual achievements.
- Have fun, form friendships and develop respect for their fellow teammates.
- Learn the rules of cross country and track and field, and develop good sportsmanship and ethical behavior.
Click the button above or use this link to register now. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information. Registration fees cover the cost of team racing singlets (new members), an annual USATF membership (required to participate), and meet registration for Junior Olympic state meets in cross country and track and field. Any remaining money will go directly toward the purchase of equipment or other supplies for the club, facility fees, and to help volunteer coaches cover the cost of required USATF certifications. NOTE: USATF membership registration and renewals are handled by the club.
- New members (includes singlet): $100 per year (Cost covers both XC and T&F)
- Existing members: $75 per year (Cost covers both XC and T&F)
2018 CROSS COUNTRY SCHEDULE
- Monday, Wednesday and Thursday
- October 5-December 8 (tentative, as long as weather permits)
- 5:15-6:30 p.m. (tentative, as long as daylight permits)
- 10/27: Montana Cup, Great Falls, 12 p.m.
- 11/3: State USATF JOs, Bill Roberts Golf Course, Helena (Meet Host)
- For more information, click here to view the event page.
- 11/10: Nike Cross Regionals, Eagle Island State Park, Boise, ID (MS & HS only)
- 12/1: Footlocker West Regional, Walnut, CA (HS only)
- 12/8: National USATF JOs, Reno, NV
2019 TRACK AND FIELD SCHEDULE